Skip to main content



This document specifies the FeeBurner module for the Neutron network.

The FeeBurner module is called in the end of processing of every block and manages consumer part of fees: all Neutron fees are burned and fees in any other denom are sent to Reserve.


  • NeutronDenom — denom of Neutron token, fees in Neutrons are burned;
  • ReserveAddress — address of Neutron Reserve smart contract, fees in all non-Neutron tokens will be transfered here.


Interchain Security splits deducted fees into two parts. 25% of fees go to the provider fee pool, the remaining 75% are transfered to "cons_redistribute" account. Interchain Security doesn't care what happens with these funds afterwards.

During block finalization, FeeBurner module wakes up in EndBlocker. It burns all funds from "cons_redistribute" in Neutron denom, specified in Params. Everything else will be transfered to TreasuryAddress and further managed by Neutron Treasury.